Monday 23 September 2013

Steph's Weekend 09/20-09/21

This past weekend I attended a couple clubs' Icebreakers. Icebreakers are usually opening events for student clubs to let everyone meet other members and executives of the club. They're generally pretty fun and well executed. So, definitely check some out.

The first one I attended was a club I was president of last year. This year I helped out as team leader. It made me realize I do miss being a part of my big family and organizing events. However, being a club executive of a VERY social club can be tiring and stressful. As much as I learned from this club especially as president, I'm glad I retired. I just need to mellow out from a somewhat dramatic year.

Back to the icebreaker. The turnout was even better than last year. My team really got along with each other. We took lots of cute pictures at the photobooth where the lovely event coordination designed to look like the Milky Way. Unfortunately, the prizes were not as great as before, but everyone does things differently and the important thing is that the event itself was a success.
How do I look with a 'stache?
The next day, I attended another icebreaker of a friend''s club. This friend was president the same year as me and we became pretty good friends so I tend to show my support at his club's events. I really liked how they promoted Taiwanese culture by naming the groups with Taiwanese aboriginal tribes and incorporated Monopoly into the event. We all went to dinner after, but I was REALLY tired by then, so I went home after having my fill of all you can eat sushi.

Some other stuff happened during the weekend, but it's pretty personal. I'll most likely write another blog related to it. Anyways, before I sign off, here's a song that I've been enjoying the past month.

Toodles~
- Steph Chu





No comments:

Post a Comment