Saturday 21 September 2013

Ramen Burger

I'm actually not much of a cook, but I made myself an open-faced ramen burger the other day. I usually don't like to follow any sort of recipe very closely (unless it's baking!), so I base my creations loosely on others' recipes and then add twists of my own. I followed Sorted's Ramen Burger recipe,  except I added cheese and my special sauce (teriyaki, siracha, sweet balsamic reduction, dash of salt and pepper and honey). The egg really made the burger special though in my opinion. Also, don't go without the original ramen packet soup base. Make sure that you add that in there somehow. I also added some chipotle mayo. Hamela deemed this the Asian double down. Haha.


To be honest, I didn't eat the other ramen bun, it was super delicious but I just didn't need it. Overall I think this burger deserves an 8/10. I really want to try the Cronuts next, but they're like the trashy version of a macaron/super fancy version of a regular donut. Either way, it seems difficult to make and even more unhealthy than my ramen burger.

- your Ginger

1 comment: