Wednesday 11 September 2013

Featured Artist of the Month: Azuré - September 2013

This is gonna be a new segment I’ll be writing since well I really like music, but then again who doesn't. I'm constantly looking for music via 8tracks or Youtube and creating my own playlists. When I feel confident enough, I’ll share with you guys my 8tracks account.

This month I’m gonna feature an artist who I think is totally underrated and whom I’ve admired for the past year: Azuré aka Justin Park. He definitely falls under one of my top favourite hip hop artists or as I like to call, "clothing store hip-hop".  A lot of his music just puts a smile on your face and definitely makes you involuntarily “hip-hop-nod” your head with the beat. *my expressions are weird…I know*

Sadly, I didn’t realize he came to Vancouver a few weeks ago with the HBK Gang until I decided to do some research for this post. FRUSTRATION. Then again, I don’t really go to shows, but still, UGH.
Concert dates for the rest of the month. Jealous of all you Cali people.
His chill hip hop music has some smooth jazz elements to it that are just so relaxing and really suitable for any mood. His songs are laidback enough to add to your study playlist for all you fellow students out there but also great for like a chill house party. “Chill” is a word I use a lot and don’t plan on replacing with synonyms. I am sorry…not really haha.The song that made me become a fan is “So Nice.” The sample, the beat, the lyrics create a guaranteed feel good mood. It’s a great song to put on something like a friendship mixtape. The lyrics make you feel like you’re not alone and that no matter what, there’s always going to be someone there for you. So, whenever you’re feeling down or lonely, just play this track and put a smile on your face. =]

Before the summer, I purchased his Mint Condition album via Bandcamp. Track 9 – Love Supreme (Feat. Jeni Suk) is one of my favourite songs. The featured artist is another artist I quite like. Her voice gives a nice clean feeling and contrast to Azure’s somewhat raspy voice. What I like most about this song is that her part provides the song with an ultra-smooth R&B counterpart to the hip-hop beat.

If you guys want to listen to full tracks from his albums and mixtapes, go check out his stuff on bandcamp for FREE: http://azureee.bandcamp.com/ If you end up liking his stuff, please support this artist by either purchasing an album or subscribing to his Youtube channel.

Signing off, 
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment