Saturday 14 September 2013

Ginger Journal 14/09/13

The first two weeks of school are usually the best. The weather is sweltering, no one has homework yet (not true), and there are always vendors in the Student Union Building selling necessities at cheap prices. There are also a lot of booths set up by communication companies (Shaw, Telus, etc) who give out cool stuff and a bunch of radio stations that blast obnoxious upbeat music - but it's okay, because it's the First Week of School. On Friday I had some extra time to go around the campus, so I decided to enjoy everything it had to offer.

First at 11, I heard that someone flooded this beautiful piece of useless crap:


with bubbles!! by pouring in bubble bath into it.

LOL at the guy in the fountain

Unfortunately, I didn't get to witness this amazing spectacle, so I got a friend to send me a photo that her friend took. By the time I got there, I only saw fluffs of bubbles rolling outside the fountain, but not much else. So brilliant though.

After my last class, I had some time to kill before heading off to tutor, so I decided to eat the best cookie ever. This one is called Marbelous. It truly is.

chocolate cookie with white chocolate

I decided to wander around campus with my still-warm cookie and saw that a local band was playing outside the SUB.

The Hooves

Not my cup of tea in terms of music, but they were most definitely: passionate, talented, and beautiful. The lead singer gave me chills. I couldn't really find an official poster or whatnot on their Facebook page, but I thought this was cute:


Yup.


- your Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment