Monday 16 September 2013

Steph’s Morning Skin Care Routine (Fall 2013)

Just a little disclaimer: I am no skincare expert, nor do I have the best skin ever. I have some acne scarring, and I occasionally break out. However, my friend, M, requested that I write this blog. Didn’t know what else to write this week, so here we go. My morning routine for the fall.

Every now and then I need to change up my routine, depending on the weather and my skin condition. Fall involves more moisturizing and calming products as my skin tends to get dry and RED! Sadly, Vancouver is cold most of the year and I’m still trying to find the perfect combination of products to defeat the winter harshness while not irritating my sensitive skin. So, for my mornings, I like having a clean, bright, and moisturized feeling on my face to battle the dry weather of Raincouver.

 Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser
This product makes my face feel like a clean slate in the morning so that I can easily absorb my skincare, and effortlessly set my make up if I decide to put some on that day. I love using this in the morning because of its super fresh and awakening scent.

H20+ Face Oasis Dual-Action Exfoliating Cleanser
If I plan on going out for a long day (weekends), I’ll use an exfoliating cleanser. I realize my BB cream sits better with this on. However, I’m still not quite satisfied with this product as I feel like my pores have not really become less noticeable. So, if anyone has any good recommendations for pore-minimizing exfoliators/cleansers, please let me know.

Simple Soothing Facial Toner
I picked this product up this summer because I’ve heard that this brand is well received from people with sensitive skin. After using this product, I’ve gotta say this is one of my current favourite skin products. It does the job a toner should do without (FINALLY) leaving my skin irritated. Another great thing is that it’s a drugstore product which is great on my credit card bill.

Estée Lauder Even Skintone Illuminator
I don’t really wear face make-up so I try to achieve a glowing/bright look with just my skin care products. So, in the morning I use this brightening serum. Since using this product, the redness in my skin has greatly decreased and definitely brightens up my face (as in I feel like I don’t even need to use a highlight).

Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Crème Broad Spectrum SPF15
I apply this a few minutes after the serum so that I can let it soak in first. This moisturizer is another one of my favourites because it just feels so light, yet very moisturizing. Not to mention the smell. The faint cucumber scent is a great way to start the morning.

Origins Ginzing (Eye Cream)
So, I’ve been using this product for 1-2 months now, and I still don’t really know what to make out of it. It’s supposed to be a brightening and de-puffing eye cream. Sometimes, I notice the results instantly, which the product claims should happen. However, at other times I feel like it’s just a pearlescent sheen over my dark circles. I don’t know if it’s because of how I apply it. Sometimes I get lazy and don’t apply eye cream “properly.” Nevertheless, I will confirm that, personally, it has definitely helped with the puffiness over time.

Kiehl`s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50
ALL TIME FAV! I picked up this product as soon as it came out a couple years ago. Since I’d been a Kiehl’s fan for a while, I decided to give this product a try since no other sunblock was working on my face. My face gets extremely irritated and red with other sunblocks, but THIS DOESN’T DO IT TO ME! <3 The scent, the light and quick-absorbing texture, the application are all so freakishly amazing. This is seriously my holy grail during the summer. It may seem a bit expensive, but seriously, a little goes a loooong way with this product. I’ve been using this on my face every day for the past six months and I still have a third left? (I don’t always use this product during the fall since my cream/BB cream already has SPF in it, I just see how the weather is gonna be that day.)

Kiehl`s Lip Balm #1
Another one of my long time favourites is also a Kiehl’s product. Although, I don’t always use this lip balm in the day time, it is one that I tend to grab right before I leave my apartment during the colder seasons. I’m a bit of a lip product junkie, so perhaps I’ll write a separate post for it.


















Cheers!
-          Steph




Another Disclaimer: All the products were either gifts from friends or purchased with my own money. 
I’m too much of a noob to be sponsored LOL.



<ahref="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10628689/?claim=hvd5r9fa9at">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. Is this why you're so beautiful?
    Hehe blush*

    ReplyDelete