Sunday 8 September 2013

Letters

In my opinion, snail mail is definitely not a dead form of communication. Sure, the internet is faster, but I love having a pen pal and sharing personal messages via love-filled hand-written letters.

This isn't specifically a DIY tutorial, since I'm sure everyone knows how to write letters, but these are some ways you can make your personal notes more vibrant and colourful.

1) Special Letter Paper and Stickers

Being the Queen of Crafting (hah - I am not) and also Korean I have a plethora of cute letter papers and stickers. They are actually quite inexpensive and come in so many varieties that these should become a must in your next hand-written letter. There are some letter papers that I acquired while visiting Kimchi a go go land, but there are some that you can purchase here as well, or you can make your own. Even one of those thicker, vanilla-toned resume papers will do the trick. As for stickers, it goes that extra distance in expressing your thoughts and emotions.




2) Drawing and other thoughtful things

This here is a letter for my good friend Nigel Bartholomew who is Toronto for work-related purposes. I drew him a sketch of our group. You can  see Nigel and me very clearly, as I have focused the picture on us (I'm a diva). Steph is that little crazy bundle to the right of me. Below that I added a few of the tiny "preview" photos that I received when I developed a set of pictures for my Photo Line. I just cut them out and linked them with my trusty poo stickers. I think it really adds a nice nostalgic touch. I hope this makes him miss home, buhahaha!

3) The Best Stamps ever

Stamps are all the same price (unless bought in bulk at Costco), so why not nab the adorable ones?

Stella's a ginger!!
Anyways, the sky's the limit when it comes to being creative. Add the extra touch your loved ones deserve and show them that they are worth your time. Seriously, a hand-written letter feels really good to receive, especially when all you really get in the mail are bills and more bills. We've all become so busy and wrapped up in our own lives that we don't even spend the time to write to one another anymore? When did we become too good for good ol' fashion pen and paper? If you want, comment on here and I will personally hand-write you a letter to show you how much I love and appreciate you.



- your Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment